An experienced Quality Assurance Engineer is a key team member of the product development team, comprised of software engineers, technical architects and product managers. The ability to collaborate with different team members across software products to ensure quality is embedded in both processes and technology.
Developing practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), behaviour-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) will be a large part of the role for the senior QA engineers
Key attributes include
- Strong problem solving skills & critical thinking
- Intuitive, proactive and open communicator
- Invested and motivated by team and client success
- Desire for continuous self improvement
- Thinking and leading strategically
- Outcome and goal motivated
- Focus on helping define the requirements, identifying requirement gaps and carrying out feasibility studies
- Defining/Implementing standard QA practices for quality control.
- Defining and assessing quality gates for projects to ensure solution meets the required quality before delivery. (Smoke test as well pre and post release checklists)
- Define key metrics/KPIs for the project that would be measured as an indicator of supplier/vendor efficiency to provide QA services for client
- Consulting and defining parameters for performance and security testing.
- Consulting on the right tools and available assets for automation, performance and security testing.
- Review and agree QA strategy and approach with broader team.
- Define concrete plan for deliverable with defined quality gates and agreed timelines.
- Keeping regular check on the progress of delivery with planned vs actual.
- Raising appropriate flags with Product Manager & Technical Architect regarding critical risks and issues during delivery.
- Consulting with Product Managers & Technical Architects on mitigation strategy and revised action plan in such case.
- Documenting details of functional changes, best practices followed, areas of improvement, lessons learnt and retrospective analysis with all teams involved.
- Learn new test tools depending on project needs
- Deep dive into new or established business domains to help teams analyse, test and build quality software
- Proven project experience as a quality assurance engineer
- Thorough understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- A broad and rich breadth of experience in testing web, API and mobile fundamentals (4+ Years)
- Experience using test tools and test frameworks
At Innovent, we all come to work every day because we want to solve the biggest problems in business. Everyone is looking for competitive advantages through automation. Most businesses don’t know what software to build, how to automate tasks, or even what value any software will bring. Throughout the history of business, people use specialists to help make more informed decisions. Our mission at Innovent is to make the software benefits more transparent. Today we provide the most actionable insights into the ideas customers bring to us. We want to make a difference.
We are team that nurtures and celebrates our people, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is part of our DNA and is a core to our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We expect our team members to contribute to our culture and to work at developing relationships with not just fellow employees but clients as part of a wider team..
What’s on Offer
Innovent is an environment centred around learning, sharing, growing, and feedback. Our team spirit provides a supportive environment to connect with like minded individuals as well as the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
If you’d like to find a home away from home at Innovent, please apply.