An experienced Product Manager is confidently equipped to make intuitive high level decisions based on product metrics, balanced with clients overall vision for the product. They see the “big picture” and create strategic approaches to guide the solution architect and development team to develop the product. The ability to develop products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing/estimating, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; and customer needs collaboration are key role functions.
The goal is to provide a design and execution plan for the development of a software product that will result in high quality business outcomes as agreed by key project stakeholders. Positive leadership and collaboration with all parties in the product life cycle is a key success metric for this pivotal role.
Key attributes include
- Strong problem solving skills & critical thinking
- Intuitive, proactive and open communicator
- Invested and motivated by team and client success
- Desire for continuous self improvement
- Thinking and leading strategically
- Outcome and goal motivated
- Delivery of the product vision and its success
- Continuous product improvement through translating the product vision and roadmap to delivery and operation teams
- Monitor, adapt and review the product vision and future roadmap as constraints are identified, whilst staying on course to the overall product vision
- Apply a strategic mindset to user stories with consideration of business goals, client expectations and user desirability with what can be delivered – taking into account technical constraints as well as available time and budget.
- Prioritise decision-making during release and sprint planning
- Collaboration with product technical architect to ensure the vision aligns with technical capabilities
- Driven by the overall product mission and passionate about solving problems
- Have undergraduate qualifications (Business Systems, IT or Engineering disciplines preferred)
- 4+ years relevant work experience as a Product Manager
- Able to articulate and define specifications which clearly communicate expected outcomes
- Worked with software development teams using agile/scrum methodology
- Are a strong people manager, enjoy mentoring and still like being hands-on.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills essential
- Experience working with offshore or distributed teams
- Favourable to have worked as a mid/senior level software engineer
- Ability to demonstrate experience in requirement gathering, product design and analysis
At Innovent, we all come to work every day because we want to solve the biggest problems in business. Everyone is looking for competitive advantages through automation. Most businesses don’t know what software to build, how to automate tasks, or even what value any software will bring. Throughout the history of business, people use specialists to help make more informed decisions. Our mission at Innovent is to make the software benefits more transparent. Today we provide the most actionable insights into the ideas customers bring to us. We want to make a difference.
We are team that nurtures and celebrates our people, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is part of our DNA and is a core to our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We expect our team members to contribute to our culture and to work at developing relationships with not just fellow employees but clients as part of a wider team..
What’s on Offer
Innovent is an environment centred around learning, sharing, growing, and feedback. Our team spirit provides a supportive environment to connect with like minded individuals as well as the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
If you’d like to find a home away from home at Innovent, please apply.