An experienced Front End Developer takes pride in creating applications that deliver real business value. Taking pride in your work, ownership of technical tasks, clear communication with a team are key attributes for success. The ability to effectively share your knowledge with other members of a development team will lead to increased leadership responsibility.
A great developer can understand and achieve balance between solution delivery, innovation, and what’s right for the client by understanding the business vision and helping make appropriate technology choices.
While most of the role will be hands-on coding of front end requirements, a portion of time will be devoted to working on overall solution design with technical architects and product managers, as well, pairing with developers to support and mentor effective delivery and project outcomes.
A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application. They are usually supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers execute
Key attributes include
- Strong problem solving skills & critical thinking
- Intuitive, proactive and open communicator
- Invested and motivated by team and client success
- Desire for continuous self improvement
- Thinking and leading strategically
- Outcome and goal motivated
- Crafting pixel perfect Front End UI from initial designs & sketches using front-end technologies
- Contributing to creative brainstorming and providing proof of concepts
- Working across all multimedia platforms, including desktop, web, tablet and mobile
- Working closely with Product Manager & interact with many developers to implement the best user experiences
RequirementsMinimum 3 years’ professional experience in React or React Native
- Proven knowledge of SCSS & JS
- Solid understanding of single page application (SPA) design patterns
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Solid understanding as well as working experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Good knowledge of CSS Animations, Flexbox, Grid, CSS Variables & SVG manipulations in JS
- Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Wireframe, Prototyping, UX knowledge (as a bonus)
- Past experience in web design/development & portfolio of projects
- Experience with front end tooling (Webpack, NPM, SASS, Gulp is a plus)
- Experience with build and management tools (Git)
At Innovent, we all come to work every day because we want to solve the biggest problems in business. Everyone is looking for competitive advantages through automation. Most businesses don’t know what software to build, how to automate tasks, or even what value any software will bring. Throughout the history of business, people use specialists to help make more informed decisions. Our mission at Innovent is to make the software benefits more transparent. Today we provide the most actionable insights into the ideas customers bring to us. We want to make a difference.
We are team that nurtures and celebrates our people, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is part of our DNA and is a core to our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We expect our team members to contribute to our culture and to work at developing relationships with not just fellow employees but clients as part of a wider team..
What’s on Offer
Innovent is an environment centred around learning, sharing, growing, and feedback. Our team spirit provides a supportive environment to connect with like minded individuals as well as the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
If you’d like to find a home away from home at Innovent, please apply.